The objectives of our society are to encourage interest and improvement in horticulture by:
- holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of horticulture.
- encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables, on public and private grounds.
- promoting outdoor art, public beautification, balcony and plot gardening.
- arranging garden tours, flowers shows, competitions, and awarding prizes.
- distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers and shrubs.
- promoting the protection of the environment.
- promoting the circulation of horticultural information through the media.